SGD Help: Locus History Page
The Locus History page displays the history of a particular locus or feature in SGD. This includes information about the gene names, the sequence annotation, mapping data, and other SGD curator notes. The type of information included on the Locus History page varies according to the status of the gene name ("Reserved" v. "Standard") and the amount of information currently available.
- Organization of the Locus History Page
- Accessing the Locus History Page
The Locus History page may have one or more of the following sections, depending on the amount of information available about a particular locus:
This section displays nomenclature information, and may include one of the following subsections, depending on the status of the gene name, and the information available:
- Reserved Name: For reserved gene names, the date that the gene was reserved as well as the date that the reservation expires are displayed in this section. In addition, the colleague(s) who reserved the gene name (or otherwise serve as contacts) are listed under the Contacts heading, and any unpublished references are hyperlinked under the Reference sections.
- Standard Name: For standard gene names, the information displayed may vary.
- If the gene name was standardized prior to 2000, then this section is unlikely to appear.
- If the gene name was standardized in 2000 or later, and/or the first published reference is annotated in SGD, then the standard gene and reference will be displayed.
- If the gene name was standardized in 2000 or later, but the first published reference is not annotated in SGD, then the standard gene name and the date it was standardized will be displayed.
This section displays any additional information regarding nomenclature, along with the date that note was made. Information displayed here may include:
- documentation of gene name changes
- documentation of reserved names that were withdrawn and/or never published
- descriptions of names that have been used to refer to more than one gene.
This section is used to document any sequence and/or annotation changes that have been made in the reference strain and that directly affect this gene by altering the start, stop, intron structure, or amino acid sequence.
This section contains notes and references for the mapping of this gene.
This section may contain a variety of information relevant to this gene or feature that does not fit easily into the categories detailed above.
The Locus History Page can be accessed from the Locus History tab located at the top of the Locus Summary Page of any feature.