New & Noteworthy
August 22, 2016
- Superior search box functionality: New autocomplete options connect to information faster than ever
- Sorting options: Results sorted alphabetically, by relevance, and by number of annotations
- Download gene lists: Export gene lists from search results into a text file with the “Wrapped” and “Download” options
- Faceted searching: Narrow search results by using categories like Genes, Molecular Functions, Phenotypes, and more!
August 15, 2016
SGD is planning to release a new faceted search on Monday, August 22, 2016, along with some new site styling optimized for mobile use. The refactored search has been available for the last few months on our beta site: sgd-beta.stanford.edu.
New features of the search include:
- an expanded selection of fields included in the autocomplete list
- the ability to enter the SGD site and explore data and pages without an initial query – just click the Explore button and go!
- narrowing of search results by categories such as genes, molecular functions, and phenotypes (and more!)
Navigating SGD will soon be easier than ever. Please explore the new search, try some different queries, view the new styling on your favorite pages, and send us your feedback via email, or through this short survey.
March 27, 2016
In an effort to provide a comprehensive view of sequence-based functional elements in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, we have upgraded our genome browser, and added new data tracks, to allow users to quickly and easily browse the information-rich yeast genome. We invite authors to work with us to integrate published data into our new JBrowse genome viewer pre- and/or post-publication. Please contact us if you are interested in participating or have questions and comments. Watch for the regular addition of new tracks to SGD’s JBrowse in the future!
Take a look at our newest video tutorial to get acquainted with JBrowse, and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.
For more SGD Help Videos, visit our YouTube channel, and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss anything!
November 20, 2014
We heard from many of you about recent performance problems with SGD web pages, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
The new features and new information recently added to SGD’s Locus Summary pages affected the performance of the web pages, particularly when viewed with the Google Chrome browser. We’ve been working very hard to implement solutions to address these issues. The fix is now in place and the pages now open and respond much more quickly. Please stay in touch with us as we work together to make SGD increasingly informative and useful.